Fact: Even without your relationship partner attending counseling with you right now, you can still work on the relationship.
You will not however be able to change your partner, you can only change yourself.
What can Relationship Counseling for One do for you in Minnesota or Florida?
We will discuss your best hopes in the relationship and how you can use your past successes, accomplishments, and strengths to solve the challenges between you two.
Most relationships report that when one partner changes and chooses to focus on other things, a new pattern develops. One person can affect positive change. And when your partner sees this type of change, they may be more willing to go with you.
When your partner refuses to attend relationship counseling, you might feel hurt and helpless.
I have heard the countless reasons, worries and fears why one partner is hesitant to attend relationship counseling together even when they know they need help.
Here are just some of the reasons:
- If we have to go to counseling it must be really bad.
- I don’t want a counselor to tell me how to live my life.
- I am not the problem, YOU’RE the problem.
- YOU need help. I don’t need help.
- You go first then maybeI will go.
- If we go to counseling that is a precursor for divorce.
- I don’t want the counselor to take sides.
- Counseling is too expensive.
- I know we need help, but let’s try X. Y, and Z first.
- I don’t want to be told I am the wrong one.
- Who knows if couples counseling will really help.
Take the lead and start the process. I welcome an opportunity to work with you! You and your relationship deserve better.
To schedule your telehealth Relationship Therapy For One session in Minnesota or Florida, call us at 727-946-1346 or use the contact button below.